Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Me and The Monkey

    The painting I choose was Frida Khalos's, Self Portrait with a Monkey.  When it comes to the Purpose of this painting it was her showing a calmer side, and though her face is serious and it is said that monkey's are a sign of lust, she's showing a loving side with the monkey. The type of Audience she's trying to express herself to is anyone who has love for animals. Which is everybody but me.  The Stance or feeling toward the paining is love, and compassion, becuse she's sitting there and has the little monkey resting on her shoulder, and the jungle in the background could denote that she likes nature.
     The Design of the paintiing is simple. She uses colors that are warm because thats the jungle. Everything blends with eachother,but the green in her hair stood out to me because it felt a little out of place. Overall the painting gets two thumbs up, and though I'm not a big animal lover I still have an attraction this painting.

2 comments:

  1. Nice picture choice. Also, I think you did good job of incorporating the rhetorical situation to this work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your review! You drew my attention to things that I wouldn't have noticed on my own which helped me to see this painting in an even better light.

    ReplyDelete