Wednesday, April 27, 2011

FACEBOOK!!!???

          I'm a Facebook user. I only created a profile my senior year of high school. As of right now I have a little over 700 friends. The ONLY reason I decided to make a Facebook page is to be able to keep in contact with some people from my high school who I was not giving my phone number to. When it comes to writing statuses, I'm VERY cautious of what I post because people in my family have Facebook pages, and everything I do gets back to my parents, and though I'm a legal adult that means nothing to my parents. Also, if I was trying to get a job, especially out here in Dayton I was told jobs look at your Facebook to see what kind of person you are. I make sure not to use profanity, write sexual, and distasteful things. When it comes to what others post, if they decide to post something I don't feel is appropriate I delete it, but if they're just saying "Hey" or "Showing Love" that's fine.


   I definitely feel like some people have become addicted to Facebook. I have friends and know people who write a new status almost every hour, some less than that. Me personally I don't take Facebook that serious because in a way, it's not real life. For businesses who have decided to make Facebook pages, I think its a good way to promote themselves because it's Free, every ones favorite, and they know a lot of people especially young ones have Facebook pages so its a easier way to connect with them. But some risks of having Facebook pages are younger children feel it's o.k. to make fake pages and act older than they are. I have a friend whose little sister decided to do that, and she went to meet the man that she was talking to, and sadly she almost got hurt. Also, their was a girl whose father wrote on her wall some of the most disrespectful things, and she ended up committing suicide. Facebook has it's ups and downs but if people remember that it's just a social site, nothing to be taken serious they should be fine.

IT'S LIKE MYSPACE...IT WILL COME & GO!!!

1 comment:

  1. I did NOT add my Mom as a friend, only my Dad. Which turns out was a bad idea because thats how he figured out I bought a motorcycle! Good post.

    ReplyDelete